CWFF Code of Conduct
"Principles, values, standards, and/or rules of behavior that guide the decisions, procedures and systems of The Calgary Women Fly Fishers Club in a way that (a) contributes to the welfare of all its members, and (b) respects the rights of all constituents affected by its operations."
The Calgary Women Fly Fishers Club is herein referred to as the “Club”. A “member” of the Calgary Women Fly Fishers Club is a person who has paid their yearly membership fee for the given calendar year, completed their membership form, and has read and agreed to abide by the terms of the by-laws and code of conduct.
Rule 1. Respect & Integrity
Members are responsible for respecting the integrity and dignity of each and every Club member. Members are committed to making the Club a more inclusive organization based on mutual respect and appreciation for the diversity of the social network.
Rule 2. Representation
A member’s character and actions are a reflection of the Club’s reputation. A member shall not behave in a manner that adversely affects the reputation of the Club at any event.
Rule 3. Confidentiality
A member shall not share any login information or disclose any information about Club members to nonmembers, outside agencies, or commercial enterprises in any form, e.g. written, electronic, social media, and verbal.
Members have a right to:
1. Be treated fairly, equally and with respect by The Club, its Board of Directors and other members.
2. Socialize in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination as defined by Federal, Provincial and Local Laws, e.g., The Canadian Human Rights Act and The Alberta Human Rights Act.
3. Privacy and confidentiality concerning records, documentation and any other communication containing a member’s personal information, unless consent is specifically provided in accordance with Club Bylaws, Code of Conduct, Club President (or designated representative) approval, and affected member approval.
4. Be informed of all Club events and offerings.
5. Voice their opinions, requirements and suggestions to the Board of Directors.
Members have a responsibility to:
1. Treat other members, guests, staff of venues and other patrons (where a social club function is being held) fairly, equally and with respect and courtesy.
2. Be legally responsible/compliant by following all local fishing and licensing regulations and requirements. Conduct themselves in a manner which will not harm, cause embarrassment or injure the reputation of the Club, its events, organizers, or participants. Irresponsible and/or illegal behavior includes claiming to represent the Club without Board approval, and any behavior deemed inappropriate by the Board.
3. Providing accurate and honest information.
4. Only publicize videos, pictures and other media that are tasteful and uphold the integrity and dignity of the Club membership. 5. Only publicize videos and pictures containing others with their consent.
6. Not physically or verbally harass others.
7. Report any inappropriate behavior of a member to the Board of Directors of the Club for action and follow up.
8. Abide by and uphold the By-Laws and Code of Conduct of the Club.
9. Pay any fees in relation to an event, or offering (e.g. memberships, event fees) which that member has committed to, regardless of whether the member attends the event or not. Refunds may be negotiated when applicable and within reason.
10. Sign the Club waiver upon paying for membership and sign all waivers involved with any outing or event. The Club, and its Board members, shall not be held responsible for any injury, damage, or loss of property under any circumstance whatsoever.
11. Notify the Board of Directors of any changes to address, phone number, emergency contact, or other pertinent information.
12. Not use their membership privileges to purchase items from vendors offering a Club discount for Club members, at a membership price, for non-members of the Club (except for parties entitled to such prices as nominated from time to time).
Breaches of this Code of Conduct:
1. Any member not behaving in accordance with the terms of the Code of Conduct at an event of the Club may be asked to leave the function and will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
2. The inappropriate behavior of any members will be investigated, discussed and an appropriate course of action will be taken by the Board of Directors by unanimous vote, which may include a warning, suspension or revocation of membership.